Friday, July 31, 2009

Thank God


After many unsuccessful web application submissions, I finally got an email back from ETS's TOEIC rater department. I was expecting just a confirmation that they received my app, but it's a good thing I'm a careful reader! It started:

"Dear approved TOEIC rater..."

How awesome!! The TOEIC is kind of like the TOEFL, but not exactly. And TOEIC raters score spoken or written items at home on a PC (gotta get a new laptop now...).

I'm still in the process of getting my paperwork done, but I'm a bit confused. Do I write that I'm married or single on the W-4? Do I write my future married name or maiden name? :\ confused Ina.

But the best thing about this is that I learned another lesson. (Please bear with my wordiness in this post!) When I first applied to this job a couple weeks ago, I was really confident. "I am so over qualified for this job!" I said to myself. So I waited and heard nothing. Then I found out that my application hadn't gone through. So I applied again. And once again I found out that I had to submit the application for the third time! Unbelievable! So I did it, and then didn't hear from them for a while. My confidence started turning into anxiety, and Cyrus and I talked about applying to more jobs. I even started looking at nanny positions online...

And then I prayed. And lo and behold, I get the acceptance email the next morning.

Not to say that praying was the magic trick that got me the job, but I think God's reminding me that I didn't get this job just because of my qualifications and education, but it's because He allowed it!

I still may need to find another part-time job, but this is a great start. And it's all thanks to the big man upstairs. You're awesome!

No comments: