Thursday, July 16, 2009

Party planning

I started planning my own birthdays after my 24th. My good friends were planning my 24th birthday and asked where I wanted to go. I'd heard a lot about Makoto, but I had no idea that it was THE Japanese restaurant in DC or, more importantly, that it was $80/person! So in we went, the 10 of us in this tiny narrow strip of a restaurant. Of course they didn't let me pay, and of course I felt awwwful.

Some pictures from that very expensive (but fun!) evening...

High rollers at Makoto


Later that evening at Eyebar. Look! My maid of honor and future boyfriend/fiance! Who knew??

So for my following birthday, I decided - no inconvenience, no hassle.

I paid for the food for my 25th birthday and had friends over at our house for an evening under the stars. For my 26th, we went to a National's baseball game, courtesy of Aaron's season tickets. For my 27th, we kept it dirty and went to Paul Kee's Chinese restaurant! Mmm!

Long intro, I know, but my point is that I liked being in control of my parties so that I wouldn't risk putting anyone in an uncomfortable situation, like paying...a LOT.

So when it comes to my bachelorette party, it makes me nervous and excited at the same time that my bridesmaids are in charge. I told the girls my concerns and priorities, and I know and trust that they know what they're doing. It's just an unfamiliar feeling - not knowing.

Ladies, I am truly honored that you've put so much time and thought into this! I'm so excited to see what happens!

1 comment:

olivia said...

it will be great :D i can't wait!