Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cyrus is awesome, Part II

Cyrus wrote an email to some of our RSVP "delinquents," and I am so impressed with his thoroughness. Check out this well-written email!

It is July 15th, our RSVP due date. If you are receiving this e-mail, it is because Ina and I haven't received your RSVP card yet and we're wondering what's going on with you. We definitely want you all there. That's why you're invited. Unfortunately, we'll need concrete answers soon because we need to provide a number to the caterer within the next few days. So, let me try to address concerns you may have.

1. I already sent my thing in. Why are you bothering me about this? We've found that with some of the postcards we've got, part of the address has mysteriously been torn out. It's possible that this happened to your postcard, so if this is the case, please e-mail us and tell us what your response was.

2. You should know that I'm coming. Duh. This may be true, but we need to know how many are in your party, especially if you're a family invite.

3. I don't know who else is going, so I can't decide. Well, first - is the wedding not enough for you? =) If this makes a difference though, e-mail me and I'll send you a list of people you know who have replied so far.

4. Where will I stay? What is there to do? How do I get there? Ina's spent a bunch of time writing all this down on our website at www.weddingwire.com/inaandcyrus. If the website doesn't answer your questions, ask me. I'll try.

5. I want to come, but I'm worried I'm going to be alone at the party. First, the people who are coming are very friendly people. But seriously, if this is a worry, talk to us. We'll work something out.

6. What RSVP card? I never got your invitation. You should have. If you didn't get it, there may have been a typo in the address or it might've got lost in the mail.

7. Can't I just do the equivalent of clicking the "Maybe" button on Evite? There is no maybe button. I cannot help you here.

Maybe something else is the issue? Who knows? Anyway, we'd love for you to be there, so let us know what we can do to be accommodating if there's some hangup. Otherwise, please help us out by responding soon.

Thanks,
Cyrus and Ina

You like that?? NO room for ambiguity! Well done, Cyrus! I'm glad I'm marrying someone with such great email communication! :D LOL~

No comments: