Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Attire

I read about a snazzy new place in DC at the W Hotel called POV. I took a look at their rooftop terrace that overlooks the White House, and it is gorgeous!


Then I look at the information below, and I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw how they described the attire: "casual sophistication."

What's that?

According to Wikipedia, the popular dress code terms go like this: white tie, black tie, smart casual, business casual, contemporary business casual.

I love this graphic from that page:


Some people have asked what to wear to our wedding, and I have NOT answered using terms like "casual sophistication," thankavermuch! Cyrus and I just want our guests to be comfortable.

Remember that the ceremony will be outside before the sun sets, and inside AND outside for the reception after the sun sets. So it may be very warm, and it may become very cool. So be comfortable and look good! That's all we ask.

No comments: