Tuesday, November 18, 2008

To go or not to go?

There's a designer bridal gown sale - 75% off!! - a few Sundays from now at the Ritz-Carlton in Tyson's Corner.

It's hard to know exactly where I fall on the urgency scale. Our wedding is in August, and it's mid-November and I have no clue where I'm going to find The Dress and if I can get it for The Right Price.

Some descriptions of the event that scare me:

- "Sale is first come, first serve
- Line starts directly outside of the Plaza Room at Ritz
- No appointments taken
- No merchandise hold policy
- All brides are recommended to wear bras, lingerie, shorts, and underwear to try on gowns as entire ballroom will become a dressing room"

YIKES! It's from 10am to 7pm on a Sunday, and I need to be at church from 11:15 - around 2:30. Is it worth it to go later when a lot of the best stuff will be taken? How crazy will people be here? Do people really get in fights over dresses at these things?

What if I encounter something like this...?


No comments: