Sunday, November 23, 2008

Flu

"What does the flu have anything to do with the wedding?" you ask? Apparently a lot. Three wedding-related meetings have been canceled because of sickness, so I thought I'd dedicate this entry to the beloved flu virus. 


Personally, I think the flu vaccine is just a big hoax. They claim that it'll make you immune to ONE strand of the virus, so you still might get the flu. So how will you ever know that it worked? Well...apparently I don't hold that strongly to this suspicion because I got the flu vaccine last month. :P I don't wanna take my chances!

Here's an interesting website: Google Flu Trends. Google mapped out flu activity by state based on flu-related searches on Google! Isn't that interesting? According to them, there is"low" flu activity in every state except for nine, which are labeled as "moderate." Lucky us--we live in a moderate state. Yay, Maryland.

At least this is one thing that we won't have to worry about for our wedding in August, although it is making it really difficult to book our hotel block...Frustration!!

No comments: