Saturday, November 29, 2008

I am afraid...

It's only three months into planning, and it's hard for anything to go horribly wrong this early in the game. Yet I fear that I may go too far to get what I want the way I want it, when I want it.

I've been trying to work out hotel blocks with a brand new hotel in the brand new National Harbor area. When I first stopped by, I talked to a woman named Sharon and she told me that I could get a fantastic deal at their hotel. "Yes!" I told her. She wasn't able to show me the rooms at that moment, but I could call and make an appointment.

Too bad that after about five attempts, I have yet to see her face for a second time. She doesn't return my calls, rescheduled a meeting at the last minute, she actually stood me up, and she was supposed to send me a contract last week but didn't.

I'm ready to call the hotel manager and tell him exactly how incompetent some of his staff are...

But wait - I've heard of brides who lose control when things don't go their way. And knowing how I get when other plans like movies and dinner outings don't go my way (prime example), I know that I'm a prime candidate for bridezillitis.

So where do I draw the line with this? If they didn't have the best deal in town, I'd pick up my bags and sign with a different hotel. To be that girl or not...?

I wonder how different my life would be if I could rant like this guy...


1 comment:

gracemejin said...

totally understand..i too have found myself in bridezilla moments. Just remember, that everything will work out...and it's okay to complain if necessary.