Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What's the "M" for?

It's pretty interesting how broad the spectrum is when it comes to knowing wedding invitation etiquette.

Take a look at this RSVP card, for example. (Not ours, just an example I found online.)

Source

Seems pretty straightforward, but when my brother and Olivia sent out their invitations, I heard so many people asking, "What's the M for?"

The "M" is there for you to write "Mr., Mrs. or Ms." and then your name.

I've seen RSVP cards that said "Name(s): ______." To me, that feels too much like I'm making a worksheet for my students. I'm guessing that the pretty, script "M" became the RSVP standard because it's prettier!

2 comments:

olivia said...

seems so intuitive but i guess it isn't to some people. *shrug*. can't wait to see the final result!

another tidbit for brides: pencil a unique number on the back of the RSVP card so that you know for sure who is replying back to you. for the most part, you won't need it but there will be those few who forget to write their names!

Ina said...

Yes! I thought that was a great idea, so we did it, too! Thanks for the tip!