Thursday, January 15, 2009

DIY - not so hard!

I had no idea how to get my hands on Adobe Illustrator, and everything I learned about PhotoShop is a vague and distant memory. I'm not too confident in my designing skills anyway, but I do know my way around Microsoft Word.

I pretty much copied a graphic I found from a save-the-date that I liked onto a Word document. Then I used almost the same wording on that save-the-date, then found similar fonts on my work computer!

I didn't know how to put four on one page like a postcard, so I just made it a full 8.5" x 11" size to be scaled at the copier's

I saved it as a PDF, put it on a flash drive and made my way to Kinko's. There, they got me my cardstock, scaled it down to fit four on a page, and made a buncha color copies! The colors turned out perfectly, and it looks like a bona fide save-the-date!

We saved a whole lot of money doing it ourselves, and now, making our own invitations and RSVP cards doesn't seem so hard!

3 comments:

gracemejin said...

good job!

gracemejin said...

i must tell you that i went to Paper Source and they gave me a little tutorial on embossing...it is SO easy. All you need is a stamp you like, ink pad, embossing powder, and an embossing heat gun and you will have an embossed design in less than a minute! i LOVE it! you should do it.

olivia said...

i love embossing! i recently bought all the stuff for it~!