Saturday, December 6, 2008

Project 10": December Edition

I'm starting Project 10": I am determined to grow my hair out to 10" below my earlobe by wedding time next year! If I had known that I would be getting married the following year, I wouldn't have chopped off half a foot of my hair last July:


Look how happy I look. So proud of my low-maintenance cut. I wish I could appear before myself five months ago in front of the salon, Hiro-style, and say "Don't do it! I can't tell you why, but you will regret it!" I didn't measure it then, but I'm guessing that the longest locks were about 3.5 inches from my earlobes. 

And five months later, the ruler tells me that my hair is now about six inches from the lobes:
 
Ugh, is it math time? 5 months, and 2.5 inches of growth. Cross-multiply, divide...That means my hair is growing half an inch every month! Which means that in eight months, it will have grown four more inches, add the six inches I've got now, and I'll reach 10 inches by August 22!!

I think I did that right.

Not that I can actually do anything to make my hair grow longer faster, but I can make sure that I'm careful about the trims I get. Wow, I didn't think it was gonna be possible! 

But we'll see. Stay tuned for another hair measurement at the beginning of January.

No comments: