Friday, May 15, 2009

Myoozik

Here are some artists that you might be familiar with after our wedding...


Melody Gardot is a cooler Diana Krall; a cross between Amy Winehouse and Norah Jones, if you can imagine it. This girl recovered from a hit-and-run through music therapy and discovered her gift! This 24-year-old is simply amazing! My favorite songs: "Baby I'm a Fool," "Who Will Comfort Me," "Lover Undercover," "Love Me Like a River Does."


A Fine Frenzy
seems to be just this one girl...I don't really know much about her, but my Amazon MP3 page recommended her to me based on my previous purchases. I love the sound! I don't know how to describe it, but she always makes you feel like you're outside, which will be appropriate, I guess, because a lot of our wedding will be outside. :) My favorite songs: "Come On, Come Out," "Lifesize."


Cyrus and I discovered Tyrone Wells through Dave (the future brother-in-law!) when we visited him in LA last year. We wanted to see a show at Hotel Cafe, and this guy seemed like the best of the lot. I think this artist describes himself as sort of soul, but really he's just a white boy who plays the guitar. :) My favorite song is "Sea Breeze."


Dave Barnes is nuts. He writes his own promotional emails and he sounds like a fool. But who could imagine that this fool could come up with some of the most beautiful love songs ever? My favorites: "On a Night Like This," "Grace's Amazing Hands," "Nothing Fancy," "I Have and I Always Will," "Until You."

I'm really excited to work with our DJ to create the perfect atmosphere for our wedding!

Have you heard of any of these artists?

1 comment:

gracemejin said...

I have not...except Dave Barnes..isn't he Laura Kay's favorite artist? Anyways, I love your taste in music and will definitely check out the artists! Yay!