Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pearls & Crystal

I don't know much about jewelry - only what I like and don't like. I was really afraid that my pickiness with jewelry might bring a sour flavor to my future engagement... but it is my favorite piece of jewelry EVER! It was so great how Cyrus took my very rudimentary descriptions (through Sarah!) and came up with something really beautiful and simple.

So when it comes to my other wedding jewelry (aside from what I like and don't like), how will I know what fits? I've never worn a wedding dress before and have no idea what kinda stuff will look too casual or too heavy or what.

So I took another study break and did my first search on Etsy.com.

Here's set #1: Swarovski Pearls & Crystals


Earrings: $29.99
Necklace: $39.99

Set #2: Freshwater Pearls & Crystals




For the set (including a bracelet): $81.99

Hmm...They're pretty similar, huh? And they're made by the same seller...I guess I really like this pearl/crystal combo! Set #1 is a little more ornate and #2 is even less flashy. I just don't wanna look like I'm going to the homecoming dance, you know?

Come to think of it, I'm not that big on earrings and necklaces anyway...would it be so preposterous not to wear them at all for the wedding?? I guess it's hard if you don't know what the dress looks like...Hmm...

Any thoughts?

3 comments:

gracemejin said...

Check out my favorite etsy jeweler:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5723341

I say simple is better when dealing with bridal jewelry.

Ina said...

oh wow!! her jewelry is really one-of-a-kind - kinda funky but still elegant! nice!

Ina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.